[amayausers] Re: Design Knock Out - Is there an easy way

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve20832@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:11:36 -0500

Dakota's stock designs are so poorly digitized that I stay away from them as
much as possible. My parents had a 1999 CD and the underlay was horrible not
to mention some areas had no underlay. The designs would pull the material
and sometimes ruin the garment.

Steve

From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [amayausers] Re: Design Knock Out - Is there an easy way
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:47:18 EST

Will that work on stock designs? I believe John was using a dakota stock
design over a letter that he "typed" in. Nothing was digitized. Can all
objects
be converted to vector and then this process applied? (Note I have no
version
of  DS, but if this can only be done in Pro+ I know what version I'll be
needing).

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 10/30/2006 6:37:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

If your  artwork is vector (not lettering that can still be edited)
then you can go  to Working with Vector Objects in your manual,
it's chapter 7 in mine) and  find 'Subract Vector Objects'.
This sounds very simple and  easy.
Lettering has to be converted to vector, also explained in same  chapter.
This is available in DesignShop Pro+ only from what my  book
says.
You have your items stacked correctly-(top object sews after  bottom,
in your stitch tree)
then select both, and click the  subtract vector tool on the menu bar.

Now I don't know if this feature  was deleted in newer versions-mine
has not been
updated since  January...but works for me!

Roland