[amayausers.com] Re: Credit Card Processing - Outgrown Propay

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:23:57 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/10/52.html#000008

Here's what we have...
Statement fee (credit cards) $4.00 per month
Statement fee (checks)  $4.00 per month
New terminal setup (we needed 2, had 1 old one without the stripe swiper, so we
went for new up to date unit-has a check 'swiper', credit card swiper, debit
card terminal, and printer. Can hook to a register but we didn't do that) $520
I think for the whole thing. Even the printer rolls are free!
Since we got it, we have not had one 'bounced' check at our store-average at
christmas would have been several hundred dollars, and no more bad credit
cards...the system catches them BEFORE the transaction is finished, same as
checks. There's been a couple checks in the past year and a half that were
insufficient funds but the credit company does NOT revoke our payment-because
we have the ORIGINAL signed check here (we don't have to give them back to the
customer!) we fax that in and the company goes after them! So we haven't lost a
dime to bank charges or 'service' fee, just the 1.74% + 20¢ per check. Our
charge/debit card use has skyrocketed the past year and a half because this
system is so good!
At my graphics, 95% of the business is over the phone, I just have the terminal
on another line and type in card numbers as they read them over the phone, a
couple easy security questions, hit a button, and bingo...I'm paid-same
percentage for fee!
The last company we used was through my sign association membership-and the
MONTHLY rate had zoomed to $75...so it was a no brainer to drop them!
Roland