[amayausers.com] Re: Color Index Error

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2008 07:24:35 +0000

Dorothy,
Well, I guess it feels like you're not in Kansas anymore???  (Like you've never
heard that one before.)

Just like Rod said, this problem "blows".
                   {So when you think you have blown enough air----blow some
more. Move the needle case to #16 position and blow, then move the needle case
to #1 position and blow some more. Clean off the top and bottom of the flag and
then blow it off,....}

Your problem is either really simple or really complicated.
Let's consider the simple concept first...
In short, you may have debris in the part that rides through the sensor and not
so much in the sensor at all.  On the back side of the needlecase are 32 small
tabs of plastic that stick out near the base just above a metal rail.  Gently
use a soft tooth brush (one you'll never use again on your teeth) and wisk away
anything that might be caught between the tabs.  Just like flossing my cousin
Bubba's teeth.  But be warned, and Rod said this too, if you break off one of
these tabs, "you'll be sorry"!!! (financially speaking)
Even if your shop is kept clean, sometimes when dust sticks to oil you get goo
that just won't be blown off.  This is when soft bristles can do the trick.
Remember to do one half of the needlecase when on needle 1 and the other half
when on needle 16.
If your sensor is dirty beyond blowing, when on needle 16, dab a alchohol
soaked Q-tip into the center side of the sensor as best as possible and then
blow the alchohol into and out of the sensor as best as possible.  Maybe you
could wait for the alchohol to evaporate and then still try to blow out any
water residue (from rubbing alchohol).
After all your cleaning is complete, remember to restart your Amaya just in
case you've confused her sensor brain with dirt, no dirt, then more dirt, and
then no dirt, etc....
If this don't get it, sister, you're looking at a needin' a new sensor or
you've got electronic connection problems and this means a visit from your
friendly neighborhood Melco Man (or WoMan if your in Florida).  Fortunately the
part is only about $25 but the travel and labor could be a bit more.
Your problem could have nothing to do with cleanliness of the sensor and more
to do with a bad wire, wire-harness, or even mechanical issues.
Swing the air fare and I can see you in just a few days.  Otherwise, there are
a few really great techs in and around Californ-I-A that can more than help you
out and might be a tad cheeper.  I'm thinking Sam, Brad, or Steve.  I've met
all three and would trust them with my Amaya.
Best of Luck to you,
Ed Orantes
Melco Tech & Trainer
504-258-6260

-------------- Original message from DLCompton@xxxxxxx: --------------

Hi all,

I'm at wits end. Even after blowing the color sensors multiple times, I am
constantly getting this error. It's particularly troublesome as if I'm the
least bit distracted, I see the green light, think the design is completed and
off I go. I've salvaged 2 letterman's jackets one even after re-hooping (the
other one I only had to re-align after mistakenly moving the hoop rather than
the needle case in the middle of a design). I sure wish the red light would
flash when I get this message. Anyway, any suggestions/other places to blow out
the lint and dust bunnies? Or other maintenance advice? I just completed the 2
mil maintenance and have had the error 2 times within 4 color changes/2k
stitches. Aggravating to say the least and very time consuming as well.

Off to go blow off the machine, again.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
Bee Embroidered
www.BeeEmbroidered.com
(916) 635-7467
Embroidery, Screenprinting, Rhinestones, Vinyl

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.