[amayausers] Re: Clamp System

  • From: "Kesavan" <kesavan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:37:41 +1000

The melco wood 43*43 is excellent for jacket backs.

Anand

 =0D =0D
Darlene,=0D

The HoopTech and the Slimline sytems are primarily one and the same. I
a= m not sure exactly where Sharon bought ours but we have both the
smaller ve= rsion and the larger jacket back version. i do know that
Melco sells them a= nd has them on their website and in their catalog.
Sharon purchased the jac= ket back version just to do a bunch of Carhart
coats with, and found out ve= ry quickly that it would not work. There
is not enough room at the top of t= he clamp for the excess material
regardless if the jacket is right side up = or upside down and you can;t
get a large design low enough  to center = it onthe jacket
back.......bummmer!!!! Left chests designs work fine as yo= u can turn
the design sideways and insert the zipper side of the coat in , = clamp,
and sew.=0D

They have worked great on everything else we have tried. On larger
items= we use extra little alligator clamps to help hold the garment in
the clamp= jawsto keep them from slipping.....other than that we have
found them to = bea very useful tool to add to our inventory.....=0D

As mentioned before, taping regular backing to the fast frames or
bendin= g the front edge of the backing as Roland described and then
using small al= ligator or simular low profile clamps, works well in
place of the sticky ba= cking on the fast frames. The more tech work I
perform, the more I find mys= elf shying away from sticky sprays and/or
the use of sticky backings .= MaybeI shouldn't say this but I believe
the new XT Amayas do not like&nbs= p;and or are less compatible to the
use of these sticky compounds then the= older Amayas. The sticky can
build up on the knife, thread selector and ro= tary hook and cause some
serious trimming problems. So, I guess my advice i= s to use them only
when absolutely nothing else will work in their place...= ...=0D

Rod Springer=0D

Melco Trained Tech=0D

Boise, Idaho

14/10/2006