[amayausers.com] Re: Cap Frame Driver Screws Breaking off

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 22:55:10 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/624.html#000003

Originally, before the large round headed thumbs screws, a standard metric
allen head screw was used. I believe it is a #10 but would have to check.

In the starter kit that comes with the machine is a set of allen wrenches and
also 2 other L shaped allen wrenches with a much shorter length on the short
end of the L. One of the uses for one of these allen wrenches, was to be able
to tighten up the allen head screws on the cap driver attachment bar.

You will notice that the large round headed thumbscrews cannot fall out because
the space between the round bar and the upper bracket is too close to allow it.
Hence, the short head L allen wrench, to be able to get it beween the bar and
the upper bracket to tighten the allen head screws that are used for this
purpose now......guess a guy/gal could revert back to the "old" way of doing
this...I agree the screws that come with the cap driver now do not seem to be
the best thing that Melco has ever invented. I like the idea but not the
material that they are made out of.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer