[amayausers] Re: Business Plan Software

  • From: "David Sklar" <dsklar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 13:04:13 -0500

Thanks.  I agree.

I am just getting into the business and had to deal with business plans.
Each lender and landlord and... seems to want their own version of a
business plan submitted to them.  When you are asking someone for
something, it seems to me that you ought to give them the documentation
they want the way they want it.  I looked briefly at business plan
software, but nothing seemed to do much more for me than basic word
processing skills and a spreadsheet.  When I was considering going the
franchise route, one of the SBA lenders sent me a detailed sample plan that
I used to get approval from them for an SBA loan.  (Then I backed away from
the franchise.)  Other banks I talked with sent me a template of the plan
that they wanted to see as did the landlord for the space that I am about
to lease.  I recall that the SBA website (www.sba.gov) has significant
resources for business plans and other business financing related issues.

I also asked my Melco sales rep about ideas on shop layout and he forwarded
to me chapter 17 of a draft document they are working on.  I don't know
what the rest of the document covers, but you may want to ask them for some
guidance as well.

David Sklar
Ballyhoo!(TM)
Arlington VA