[amayausers] Re: Bobbin Tension

  • From: "Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 18:51:34 -0700

We set ours so if we give it a slight flick of the wrist, it will drop
slowly 3-4 inches.  Once set, we never change it.  In 2 1/2 years, we have
probably adjusted our bobbin tension a dozen times.  However, we use only
plastic-sided NEB bobbins and just don't have problems at all.  The times we
have adjusted has been changing from white to black thread bobbins.  We have
noticed that out in the field those using the cardboard bobbins seem to have
to adjust more than we ever have.  I would not go to the expense of a gauge
if it were me--our machine just doesn't seem to be that critical.  If
anything, I guess if we adjust, it errors on the tight side.
Sharon

Rod Springer
Melco Trained Technician/Owner
(Design Shop Pro+ Digitizing)