[amayausers] Re: BNI membership

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 01:00:38 EDT

LuAnn,

I was a member of TNI for about 5 months (TNI is a knock off of BNI  created
by a former head honcho of BNI); membership and quarterly fees were  about
$200 a pop (I think it included lunch for each week but I could be  wrong--it's
been over a year since I dropped it). It works for some people. I  think you
may want to check a couple of things from your chapter before joining:  how
many
people come each week? what business are they in? and what is their  network
scope? I was in a small group (8-10 people) that were in categories that  I
had a hard time referring other people to (Mary Kay, Italian Charms, Wellness,
Divorce Attorney--and that's half of the people!). I found it difficult  to
transition my customers to these areas. There are requirements to attend  and
have referrals every week or pay penalties (like $1).

That's a bit more than you asked for. Hope it helps.

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 4/18/2006 8:46:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
imageembroidery@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Does  anyone have a BNI membership?
I just got an invitation to join our local  chapter and was curious if anyone
knows about their fees?
Thanks
LuAnn @  Image Embroidery
Because Your "Image"  Matters