[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya doesn't see Ethernet Card on Win 7 x64

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 17:36:56 UT

This message was posted by Body Cover on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/990.html#000003

Just as an FYI, we are running into the same problem. Just built 2 win 7
machines and can't get Design shop vers. 7 to work right, and the answer?
Yep, upgrade! and the price I was quoted a week ago was, "We could knock off a
couple hundred off of the $900+ list price..." which means for standard design
shop, not "pro", and it comes with the amaya OS is going to run between $700
and $800.
I just can't justify it since I built the computer for $300 it's easier to add
in the old one back into the network and run DS on the old XP system.
and spend my effort with getting Win 7 and XP to play nice together. I guess
the price seems inline with software that cost $2000 to $5000 initially
but almost a grand for an upgrade, seems steep.
I am used to $150 upgrades... but I guess if they had a few hundred thousand
users, the prices may come down. My bad for being in a specialty software
market!   :)   Ron