[amayausers] Re: Amaya XT vs other machines, your thought

  • From: "John Yaglenski" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 20:36:53 -0400

Bob:

Do you own an amaya?  Just wondering.  Couldn't tell from your post.

- - - - - - - -
John Yaglenski
President / Chief Executive Officer
Levelbest Communications

I: www.levelbest.com
P: 301.591.2481 / 888.229.1779
F: 501-631-4544

active website design . web hosting . content driven websites

This e-mail message and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify Levelbest=
,
immediately -- by replying to this message or by sending an e-mail to
john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- and destroy all copies of this message and any
attachments.  Thank you.

From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:  Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:54:49 -0600

>Steve
>
>You are doing the right thing by comparing brands, researching
>information and asking questions.
>
>Regardless of which machine[s] you are interested in, make after sales
>service a big part of the decision on which brand to buy. Ask the dealer
>for names of customers  who have purchased the same model that you are
>interested in and then phone these people to find out what they think of
>the machine and service.
>
>Also, the machine which has a dealer / tech who is located reasonably
>close to you can be a big advantage because if you are having machine
>problems and need to bring in a tech from 1/2 way across the country,
>that can get very expensive [travel, accommodation, time, etc.].
>
>The Amaya really is the most technologically advanced embroidery machine
>out there today. Now having said that, to some that is a good thing but
>to others, that is a good reason not to buy one. It really boils down to
>personal preference, some will like what the Amaya has to offer ....
>others will not.
>
>I personally do not like the automated thread tension system used on the
>Amaya ..... instead, I prefer the simpler manual system used on the
>other machines. But that is just my opinion [doesn't mean that I am
>right] and you should decide for yourself which tension system you like.
>
>There is a Barudan group at
>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barudanowners/  and a Tajima group at
>questions about those machines.
>
>Regardless of which one you choose, no embroidery machine is a "plug it
>in and forget it" piece of equipment ..... they all require care,
>maintenance, cleaning, adjustments and simple service.
>
>Good luck
>
>Bob
>

>Steve Griswold wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>We are still in the research phase for starting up our small business.  F=
rom talking with others and reading some of the trade magazines, it looks l=
ike Melco (Amaya XT), Tajima, and Baridan are the three machines in the run=
ning.

>>We plan on purchasing one or two single head machines within the next one=
 to three months.

>>  Amaya XT Pros:
>>
>>  16 colors
>>  Back up Tread
>>laser trace
>>Auto Thread tension system
>>Small Arm
>>Speed
>>

>>  Amaya Cons:
>>
>>  1. (Big one) Rumors of service problems and poor support
>>  2. Auto Thread tension system worries me that is might not work
>>3. Plastic construction looks cheap
>>  4. New technology, Only been on the market since Jan.
>>
>>My number one concern is that the machine(s) will go down and I'll be wai=
ting two weeks for a service tech to show up, or the part will be back orde=
red.

>>  Any information on which machine and why would be great.
>>
>>Information about us:
>>
>>  Will be a home based business
>>Some travel to conventions with the machine(s) to get business leads
>>  New to the business
>>Familiar with PC's and Graphic Design like Adobe products
>>
>>  Thanks,
>>Steve

>>Blab-away for as little as 1=A2/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!=
 Messenger with Voice.

Sent via the WebMail system at mail.levelbest.com