[amayausers] Re: Amaya XT vs other machines, your thought

  • From: Kushnerick <bkushner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2006 17:54:49 -0600

Steve

You are doing the right thing by comparing brands, researching
information and asking questions.

Regardless of which machine[s] you are interested in, make after sales
service a big part of the decision on which brand to buy. Ask the dealer
for names of customers  who have purchased the same model that you are
interested in and then phone these people to find out what they think of
the machine and service.

Also, the machine which has a dealer / tech who is located reasonably
close to you can be a big advantage because if you are having machine
problems and need to bring in a tech from 1/2 way across the country,
that can get very expensive [travel, accommodation, time, etc.].

The Amaya really is the most technologically advanced embroidery machine
out there today. Now having said that, to some that is a good thing but
to others, that is a good reason not to buy one. It really boils down to
personal preference, some will like what the Amaya has to offer ....
others will not.

I personally do not like the automated thread tension system used on the
Amaya ..... instead, I prefer the simpler manual system used on the
other machines. But that is just my opinion [doesn't mean that I am
right] and you should decide for yourself which tension system you like.

There is a Barudan group at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/barudanowners/  and a Tajima group at
questions about those machines.

Regardless of which one you choose, no embroidery machine is a "plug it
in and forget it" piece of equipment ..... they all require care,
maintenance, cleaning, adjustments and simple service.

Good luck

Bob