[amayausers] Re: Amaya Smoke

  • From: Mike Garber <agraphic2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 09:47:53 -0700

Ed,
I applied one drop of oil to the needle rods (upper and lower) as part
of the 4mil maint. procedure.  Tech support thinks its the Y motor and
unrelated to the maint. procedure.  If it is, they want to replace it
and the main board.  I can't see any smoke damage, but the back of the
machine does smell like smoke.  The machine is under warranty and I am
waiting to hear from the Tech to schedule a repair appointment.  I'll
let you know what happens....

The smoke that came out of the Amaya was light gray....my wife is dark gray.

Mike