[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya OS 9 bug?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 12:11:14 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/396.html#000014

I wouldn't have a clue what a firewall and defender are...sounds like something
I should have under the hood of my jeep!
Only my Macs are online-not even an ethernet cable to the side of the room
where the amaya computer sits. I'm not even sure if that new computer is
Vista..when it is opening up it has an icon/picture for Windows XP. Other than
that, I'm lucky I can figure out how to turn it on and off.
I'll have Sue call Melco and find out about the CD update. We learned our
lesson several years ago with the digital printer trying to get updates
on-line. Something about the servor or phone lines used here-not a single
download came through un-corrupted. Dealer rep, service tech, all came up with
their laptops and tried-not one got anything. Even software updates for my
macs-have to pay for the CD versions.
My old DesignShop is version 6, and that has worked fine for last couple of
years without any updates so I'll cross my fingers and hope that we can get v9
to do the same.