[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya DTG

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:10:03 -0500

Just some input here...I have a Roland Versacamm SP300V, digital printer and cutter for vinyl, banners, etc.

and it also is a 'cartridge' system.
There IS a 'cleaner' cartridge for it-but they pointed out at the demo and as soon as it was installed... that the ink is fed from cartridge to the heads by a long set of tubes and the pump system-and to run the cleaner fluid it has to PURGE the entire line, pump, and head...and at $70 or more per ink cartridge- it is very expensive. They said never to run it unless a service tech decided it was a last resort to clean out stuff. This printer automatically turns itself on a couple times a day, just to 'blow' some ink through the print heads-really freaks you out late at night when you hear it start up and no one is around...they forgot
to tell me it does that.
So double check on using the 'cleaning' cartridges to make sure it isn't costing you a ton of ink!

Roland

On Feb 20, 2008, at 2:56 PM, DLCompton@xxxxxxx wrote:

I watched it at the Long Beach ISS show....it was pretty nice. It looks the same as the anajet. The nozzle heads are supposed to be bigger and so the coverage is better and faster. I was really impressed by the white coverage and speed. I brought home a sample I've yet to wash. The price tag is about $15k. I still want to research how much the cartridges cost. Supposedly, because it is a cartridge system, the ink doesn't clog as much and you can simply exchange the ink cartridges with the cleaning carts. Also, if your not printing on dark garments, you can put 4 color carts in their place (system has a total of 8 cartridge slots).

Two years ago, I looked at the T-Jet (I think) who was promoting white ink; had been ready to buy but walked away extremely disappointed at their system (also at ISS Long Beach). I know systems have changed but if you would think at the show they would put their very best display.

Dorothy Compton, Owner
Bee Embroidered
www.BeeEmbroidered.com
(916) 635-7467
Embroidery, Screenprinting, Rhinestones, Vinyl

In a message dated 2/20/2008 11:33:29 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, lastczar@xxxxxxxxx writes: just some chatter, but I haven't heard great things about it. Nothing specific, other than if you aren't going to use it every day, the maintenance is too much to keep up with. I'm sure everyone will have a story about different DTG printers but that's what I've heard.

Ronald & Shirley Lowe <rlowe10466@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Does anyone know anthing about the Amaya DGT printer. I have been thinking about getting a DTG, but the problems with the white ink have put that thought on hold. Just wondering if they have a better syatem and does anyone know what the cost is to purchase not lease.