[amayausers] AMAYA info, and follow-up

  • From: "Pat Richard" <plrichard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 21:56:42 -0500

Well I appreciate all the input from the group.  I had looked at the AMAYA,
and like I said it was running like crap, not even stitching the outline
correct on a little frog they were using for their demo.  I was shocked they
didn't fix it. Then was told the people out there are salespeople, not
embroiderers.  OK so that was fine.  then I got prices on some demo
machines.  I was only looking for 2. I was given a price.. on the phone.  I
wrote all of it down.  He didn't.  Now that I had a good price I thought it
might be enticing to another friend, so I told him I thought another friend
might want one.  I said there may be as many as 3.  Now he comes back to me
with a different higher price, and said the first price was only for 3, not
2, and the last email he said he is not going to sell to me!  I felt that I
was lured in and then he played a switch.  My husband who never gets upset,
is furious.  This was supposed to be my only "whim" out of selling my house.
The other person I told him may pay the extra $2,000, but I can't. (more
ethical than monitary). He won't sell to her either.  Any suggestions? I
have spent over 1 year looking at machines, finally decided to buy the Amaya
because of what you have told me on the list, and how much you like it,
because the demo was really a demo on why NOT to buy the AMAYA.

After dealing with the Northeast rep, and his crap (not Don M.) How do you
even buy a product they are giving you a hard time about buying?

Also has anyone gotten the money for referrals and demos of the machine that
Melco Partners pays? I have heard from a disgruntalled x-Melco employee,
that they are very slow in paying it, if they do.  would like feedback on
that too.

I am sending this to both NE Melco reps so they are not confused, or misled
about what I have said to the list.  I know that I try to get the best I can
for the best price I can in all that I buy.  That is why I was asked to
decide which machine, and get prices for my friend, and other prospective
people too.  I have talked to many reps, and have gotten good prices for
each product.  I thought that the one thing that was important is the
advanced technology, and looking for something that would adapt to
technilogical changes more readily (since it is driven by my computer, which
I can always upgrade). Thank you whoever reminded me of that from this list!

I am not giving up..if this is what we should have.. just changing who I buy
from.  It is really sad since they had someone willing to promote the
product in an area that has noone they could send me to, to demo the
machine.

Pat
please respond to me, and not let this be an issue on the list.
plrichard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx