G7IZU RRD NEWS (VH Alert)

This is a monthly automatic message, confirming that you are still subscribed
to the G7IZU Meteor Activity Alert Service (VERY HIGH ALERT).

G7IZU RRD NEWS - 01 JUNE 2010

Meteor activity increased during May with the ETA AQUARIDS and LYRIDS throwing
a few big fireballs.

We're rushing quickly towards the peak of the summer sporadic-E season, which
occurs in mid-June. The strong Es signals have been causing a lot of false
meteor activity alerts, so the automated email alerts have been disabled for
the time being. Double- and triple-hop Es have also started, bringing signals
from the Americas. Channel E3 is seeing carrier waves coming from South America
and the Carribean almost daily now.

Solar activity has been slowly increasing during the year, with several small
to medium coronal mass ejections (CMEs) occuring in recent weeks. The activity
has sparked auroras down to mid-latitudes several times, and my system has sent
out many alerts warning about them.

----

UPCOMING METEOR SHOWERS
Peak dates/times/ZHR

JUNE BOOTIDS (JBO)
2010-06-22 to 2010-07-02
Peak 2010-06-27 ZHR VAR

PERSEIDS (PER)
2010-07-17 to 2010-08-24
Peak 2010-07-12 ZHR 100

Predictions are from the IMO Meteor Shower Outlook and Calendar.

----

SYSTEM LOG
START UT          END UT            Dur.        Comment
2010-05-23        -                 Continuing  Sporadic-E affecting signals.

----

Meteor and Propagation alerting facilites from G7IZU

Live FFT Webpages:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/live.html

Fireball and Event archive:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofireballs

Fireball and Event archive RSS feed:
http://www.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?id=25122344@N00&format=atom_03

G7IZU RRD Blog
http://tvcomm.blogspot.com
http://g7izu-blog.ubik.net (for mobiles)

G7IZU RRD Blog RSS feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/G7IZU

Meteor activity email alerting:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/alert_mailer.html

Twitter (includes updates from the RRD Blog):
http://twitter.com/g7izu
Also follow the #meteorwatch topic

Voice alerting on your desktop; live receiver audio feeds:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/video.html

This message was sent on Tue at 06:01utc. To remain subscribed, do nothing. To
unsubscribe, goto http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/alert_mailer.html. 73s Andy
G7IZU. http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio.

---
email sent by unregistered version