G7IZU RRD NEWS (High Alert)

This is a monthly automatic message, confirming that you are still subscribed
to the G7IZU Meteor Activity Alert Service (HIGH ALERT).

G7IZU RRD NEWS - 01 FEBRUARY 2010

The peak rate for the Quadrantids here was around 07-08h on 4th January. With
the main shower peak occurring below the horizon, Europe had a poor show.

The RRD system sufferred futher in January when the frequency occupied by my
second transmitter in Portugal (48.2422 MHz) started to get bad interference
from some noisy drifting signals. This was causing too many false meteor
counts, so I had to abandon the frequency. That receiver is was re-tuned to
channel E4 on 20th Jan. It's occupied by RUV Iceland. This transmitter is very
poor for me, as it's almost at the maximum range for meteor reflections. The
system is now relying almost entirely on the Lousa transmitter in Portugal
(55.250 MHz).

Please note that the Windows Media audio feed is currently offline. If you wish
to listen to the receivers please use the "BS-Tuner" client (see link at the
end of this email).

The sun was active during January with a couple of sunspots releasing some
M-class flares. These triggered auroras in the high-latitudes. The auroral
alert system is fully operational and ready for action!

----

UPCOMING METEOR SHOWERS
Peak dates/times/ZHR

<None until April>

----

SYSTEM LOG
START UT          END UT            Dur. Comment
2010-01-05 21h    2010-01-06 22h    25h Outage
2010-01-16 12h    2010-01-20 02h    Various outages caused by interference
investigations.

----

Meteor and Propagation alerting facilites from G7IZU

Live FFT Webpages:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/live.html

Fireball and Event archive:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofireballs

Fireball and Event archive RSS feed:
http://www.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?id=25122344@N00&format=atom_03

G7IZU RRD Blog
http://tvcomm.blogspot.com
http://g7izu-blog.ubik.net (for mobiles)

G7IZU RRD Blog RSS feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/G7IZU

Meteor activity email alerting:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/alert_mailer.html

Twitter (includes updates from the RRD Blog):
http://twitter.com/g7izu
Also follow the #meteorwatch topic

Voice alerting on your desktop; live receiver audio feeds:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/video.html

This message was sent on Mon at 06:01utc. To remain subscribed, do nothing. To
unsubscribe, goto http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/alert_mailer.html. 73s Andy
G7IZU. http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio.

---
email sent by unregistered version