G7IZU RRD NEWS (High Alert)

This is a monthly automatic message, confirming that you are still subscribed
to the G7IZU Meteor Activity Alert Service (HIGH ALERT).

G7IZU RRD NEWS - 01 JULY 2009

The meteor email alert system is on standby at the moment. This is because of
sporadic-E propagation causing a lot of false alerts earlier in June. Note that
the live pages and voice alert system are still carrying alerts when issued,
but I'm not correcting these if they are false alerts. I will update
subscribers as soon as the full system is enabled again.

The sporadic-E and auroral alert systems are fully operational. Automatic
alerts are sent to the blog site (see url below). It's possible to subscribe to
the blog using RSS and email, and blog headlines are forwarded to my Twitter
account so you can get alerts on your mobile too! (Again, see below for
details). I'm not currently sending meteor alerts to the blog.

Sporadic-E activity peaked on midsummers' day, but it will continue on and off
until September.

The sun has shown some signs of stirring from its long slumber, and several
auroras have occurred in mid-latitudes during the last couple of weeks. I new
sunspot was also spotted coming over the limb of the sun yesterday (see
spaceweather.com).

----

UPCOMING METEOR SHOWERS
Peak dates/times/ZHR

Perseids(PER)
2009-07-17 to 2009-08-24
Peak 2009-08-12 17h30 to 20h00 UT ZHR 100+ (IMO)
Additional peak 2009-08-12 09h00 UT (Esko Lyytinen)

Predictions taken from the IMO Meteor Shower Calendar.

----

SYSTEM LOG
START UT          END UT            Dur. Comment
2009-06-01        2009-06-30        Various outages

----

Meteor and Propagation alerting facilites from G7IZU

Live FFT Webpages:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/live.html

Fireball and Event archive:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/radiofireballs

Fireball and Event archive RSS feed:
http://www.flickr.com/services/feeds/photos_public.gne?id=25122344@N00&format=atom_03

G7IZU RRD Blog
http://tvcomm.blogspot.com

G7IZU RRD Blog RSS feed:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/G7IZU

Meteor activity email alerting:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/alert_mailer.html

Twitter (updates from the RRD Blog):
http://twitter.com/tvcomm

Voice alerting on your desktop; live receiver audio feeds:
http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/video.html

This message was sent on Wed at 06:01utc. To remain subscribed, do nothing. To
unsubscribe, goto http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio/alert_mailer.html. 73s Andy
G7IZU. http://www.tvcomm.co.uk/radio.

---
email sent by unregistered version