[adaptivetec] Re: recording with older PlexTalk

  • From: Martha Hitchcock <mhitchcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Lori <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 00:01:59 -0700

Hello Lori,
     I am not quite sure what  you need to know, but I do record regularly with
a plex talk that is about  3 years old. The  top button on the  right side
allows you to sellect your settings. If you   Press this button one time  and
then the menue comes up. Then  you can  press either  the  4 or the 6 button
until you hear the  selection you like. Then press enter  wich is the  bottom
right  button on the  number pad. I have found that the conference setting
works best for most recording situations. So, select recording mode, press
enter. Then it will ask you to select recording mode. Press enter again. You
can then use the  4 and the  6 again to  move between conference, standard,
custom and music modes etc. It then will ask you for the sound quality. Again,
use the  4 and the 6 to select your choice and press enter.
     There are  only two other  things if you are going to use  the internal
mic. The  button closest to you on the right side  is the  auto gain control
button. I can never  remember for sure  if it is supposed to be on or off. I
keep it off . I think this selection allows it to "sleep" when there is no
talking. I have had  problems with this on  other recorders, but never tried it
with this one. I just hit pause often. The only other thing is  when you put in
a new  blank CD it will prompt you on creating  a title. I have never  been
100% sure how  this is supposed to work. I get the title I want about  90% of
the time. Just keep your titles short and say them quickly and I have found
they work most of the time.
     Those are the basics. A few more things though are if you  hold down  the
play button and don't let go, it will tell  you how much time  has elapsed
andhow much is left. Keep holding and it  will tell you the time and date of
the
recording.
     If you or anyone else is familiar  with  how  recording a title is
supposed to work exactly, I would love to hear.
Thanks,
Martha

e-mail: mhitchcock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx