[adaptivetec] Outlook Express and Compacting

  • From: "Pattynash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pattynash@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "adaptive technology list" <adaptivetec@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:38:16 -0700

Dear List,
I have often received the prompt that I could compact my files to create more
space, adn I assumed this meant they could be made smaller and could be
restored if I needed to access them in the future. Today I agreed to compacting
files and 2,00 of them were deleted from my inbox. They were the most current
and had not been cataloged. I asked the technology service providerand he said
that compacting meant exactly that, Compacting as in trash compactor.
If these files are indeed gone I'll accept it, but I'd like to be certain. How
would I access them again?  A friennd suggested that they were .dbx files, but
when I using that file extension in the "search" the files I found were all
music files.

Does anyone know:  Does this mean they are gone?  I'm also told we can store up
to two gigabytes on our computer in email program.

Thanks verymuch for any assistance or information.

Patty