[adaptech] FW: audyssey: games being released

  • From: "Shane C. A. Lush" <sca.lush@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:50:06 -0500

hear's more to read!
Shane

-----Original Message-----
From: William Lomas [mailto:wl9736@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: March 5, 2003 3:41 PM
To: blindgamers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: audyssey: games being released

hi,

what's driveway, if it even existed or was that a joke, grin
from will
At 15:34 05/03/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]
>And I think Hunter has had enough e-mail traffic to get the award as the
>most talked about game released this year.
>Maybe it was Justin's Day by Day sending a report back to him on ESP game
>releases!
>
>Smiles,
>Phil
>
>At 06:05 PM 3/5/03 +0000, you wrote:
>>Hi folks
>>
>>This comment is really directed at James North, but it does include all
>>other programmers.
>>
>>It is not meant as a personal attack, I'm just making some observations
and
>>asking a few questions.
>>
>>James? why do you release your games at the same time as someone else
does?

>>I mean, when Phil released packman talks, you suddenly decided to release
>>change
>>reaction the day before.  and now, isn't it just a bit strange that for
>>months you've been
>>saying that your going to release dynoman, you set release dates then put
>>them
>>back.  you've done this not once but quite often.
>>
>>now hunter has been released what a surprise you released dynoman the day
>>before!
>>
>>we all new when hunter was being released  but we had no idea over dynaman
>>because you kept changing your mind.
>>
>>If I didn't know any better I'd swear you are doing this on purpose, maybe
>>to get attention?  yes James! your games are good but they are no more
>>important than any one else's games! so why over shadow them?
>>
>>.  don't know about any one else here, but I'm sure getting sick of the
>>competition between all programmers.  I'd really like to have all of you
>>programmers working together instead of against each other, it's not as if
>>we have a huge community and thousands of games being released every week.
>>I personally feel all of our games are equal, there's not one which is
>>better than another, and no one programmer is better than another either!
>>yes, one person might like say, monkey business above say, troopanum.  and
>>they are entitled to say that as that is their prerogative.
>>
>>I feel it very unfair of you James, to release your games right on top of
>>someone else who has had the release date set for months, like in the case
>>of Phil with packman talks and now Justin with hunter.
>>
>>I appreciate that programming a game isn't predictable, in so much as
>>something can occur that wasn't foreseen, but couldn't you have held on
with
>>the release of dynoman for say, another week at least?
>>
>>I personally would prefer the release of games to be a bit more spaced
out,
>>as we don't get that many new games to begin with.
>>
>>and I guess the last question should be? James what has happened to
genesis
>>and raceway?  you've been promising us those games now for how long?
you've
>>been saying those two games will come out shortly for as long as I've been
>>on blindgamers, which is now one year, I've no idea how long before then
>>you've been going on about them.
>>
>>I'm sure I speak for a lot of people on here, but we've had enough empty
>>promises James! don't tell us your going to release a game unless you
really
>>are.  You've heard the story of the boy who cried wolf?  Well, don't cry
>>wolf too often Mr North or you'll find yourself being ignored.
>>
>>Looking forward to any comments!
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>     Elaine
>>

>>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>><http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=170505
5189:HM/A=1464858/R=0/*http://www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_Cquo_1/g2
2lp?Target=mm/g22lp.tmpl>25e1df.jpg

BlindGamers-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>messages for the list should be addressed to BlindGamers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>You can leave the list at any time by sending a blank Email to
>>BlindGamers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>Visit us on the web at
>><http://www.audysseymagazine.org/>http://www.audysseymagazine.org/
>>

>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
>><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.

>BlindGamers is the discussion list of the Audyssey community and all
members are expected to behave in accordance with the community charter
which can be found at http://www.audysseymagazine.org/charter.htm
>to join the list send a blank Email to
BlindGamers-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>messages for the list should be addressed to BlindGamers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>You can leave the list at any time by sending a blank Email to
BlindGamers-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Visit us on the web at http://www.audysseymagazine.org/

Yahoo! Web Hosting makes it easy to build a professional web site.
Sign up today and get free set-up, domain name, and more (up to a $100
value)
http://us.click.yahoo.com/m3JvCD/wCpFAA/46VHAA/VPRolB/TM

---
Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.