[adaptech] FW: audyssey: games being released

  • From: "Shane C. A. Lush" <sca.lush@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <adaptech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 15:47:05 -0500

My fingurs are getting tired!
But I keep going!
Shane
-----Original Message-----
From: Josh de Lioncourt [mailto:eternia@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: March 5, 2003 2:16 PM
To: blindgamers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: audyssey: games being released

Hi all,

Well, since Charles said that he'd like to hear from other developers, I
thought I'd reply.  I'm a long way from having proved myself in this
community, though I am extremely please with how the Ten Pin Alley game is
coming along. *wink* I hope you all like my work.

I don't know James or Justin in any way, so this is coming strictly from my
experiences with programming and developing software.

I can't imagine that the releases of James's games have been anything more
than coincidental.  We're lucky in this community not to be tied to
particular dates that software will hit the shelves.  When a piece of
software a developer had been working on is ready for release, the
developer tends to want to get it out as quickly as possible.  They're on a
rush from having completed it and the anticipation of the feedback they
will receive.  Unless there is a good reason to stall the release, asking a
developer to not put out a game for a while after it is completed is like
putting a cookie jar full of chocolate chip cookies in front of Cookie
Monster and telling him not to try any.  It also seems unlikely that James
could have coordinated things so deliberately.  When you're programming,
there are always all sorts of unexpected snags you'll run into.

All that set aside, I kinda like the competition.  And if you don't like to
have a slew of games to play all at once, then hold off for a week before
downloading one of them...or does that go back to the Cookie Monster
analogy...hmmmm...

At 11:46 AM 3/5/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>James did release his games first.  I personally like the competition
>between game developers.  That's part of the fun.  I'll bet that James will
>shed some insight into what must be overcome before a game is put onto the
>market.  Let's wait and see his, along with responses from other
developers.
>This should be interesting.

and

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/