[accmemberdiscussion] Re: WESTMINSTER COMMERICALS FOR CROSSBRED DOGS?

Tim, I don't know that I have an answer for you.........or that anybody
does.  You are right:  we all do love dogs, whether they are a certain  breed
or just a good old All-American.  But animal rights' groups believe  that
the purposeful breeding of animals -- any of them -- is wrong, evil and not
to be tolerated and should be actively banned.  Because of these efforts by
these groups (HSUS and PETA being the two most visible) to try to force
people  to adhere to their belief systems, purebred breeders, like your brother
and many  of us on this list, feel their hobby, interests and often their
total way of  life is under fire.  So, to use the purebred dog  community's
premier showcase of our beautiful, purposefully-bred dogs --  our Daytona 500,
our Super Bowl, our National Championship -- and do  nothing that would
highlight the hard work and effort of dog breeders  around the country is a big
gigantic slap in the face by a company (Pedigree)  that many of us support
by buying their products.  Somehow, it just doesn't  seem fair to only
highlight adoption and rescue on this  particular night for this important
event.
 Even though many of us support  both those things with time and money.

Just my opinion..................

Donna  Noland & the Dosido Gang
Remlap, Alabama
Visit me at _www.mydoublenickellife.blogspot.com_
(http://www.doublenickellife.blogspot.com/)   and help support the Alabama
Canine Coalition by
shopping/searching through  _http://www.goodsearch.com_
(http://www.goodsearch.com/)  and _http://www.igive.com_
(http://www.igive.com/)

Every year of  dog love is worth seven years of the human stuff. (Michael
Rosen)

In a message dated 2/23/2011 11:21:03 A.M. Central Standard Time,
rebelagitator@xxxxxxxxx writes:

I have to say, after being a member of this group for some time, I do not
understand what appears to be a serious difference between those who breed
and  own pure bloods and those like myself who choose to go with mutts. I
have  mutts from various rescues (one of which I rescued from a deplorable
situation  at a construction site) others own and enjoy pure bloods. So what?
We all love dogs dont we? I have no problem with pure breds or mutts!
My brother owns and shows Huskies. I think it is great. He also
contributes to local shelters and rescues. Also great! We get along just fine.

Whats the big deal here and who is behind this mutt verses pure bred
nonsense?

TS

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 10:58 AM, babamonk <_babamonk@xxxxxxxx
(mailto:babamonk@xxxxxxx) > wrote: