From: "Lisa Yayla" <fnugg@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <accessibleimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Nancy.Kauffman@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 4:25 PM
Subject: [accessibleimage] tactile meteorology maps

Hi,
Am forwarding this mail from Nancy Kauffman
Regards,
Lisa

Hi, I was given this e-mail address because I need to get
some
information about how to help a blind student understand
meteorology
maps.  In the sample map that the professor provided, there
is too much
information to just use a machine like the PIAF.  The
professor, student
and I are meeting tomorrow to brainstorm, but it would be
helpful to
have some ideas before our meeting.  Thanks for your help.

Nancy L. Kauffman, Director

Disability Support Services

University of Northern Colorado

Campus Box 139