From: accessibleimage-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:accessibleimage-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of N.Begum
Sent: 28 June 2007 16:43
To: accessibleimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [accessibleimage] Re: tactile and auditory representations of
neuroimaging data

Hi John,

Thank you for your email.
We're currently trying to get samples of brain images to tiger embosser
manufacturers to assess how much detail I can get from them, but this
technology looks really promising.  With regard to the IVEO technology,
we're not really sure how useful this might be, as I'm trying to find ways
to access neuroimaging as independently as possible, and my understanding
of the IVEO touchpad is that I'd require sighted assistance to assign
labels and descriptions to an image.  The VOICE software also sounds very
interesting, and we'll definitely try this too, but I was just wondering
how easy it might be to build up a mental image spatially.  With a line
graph for example, is it possible to quantify or work out the scale, e.g.
from the no. of seconds the tone sounds for.   We've also come across the
Audiographing calculator-do you think this might be more useful to us?
Also, do you happen to know how far research has managed to get in terms
of producing tactile diagrams in real-time?

Many thanks

Nayab