[accessibleimage] Re: proposes solutions to us currency access problem

yes, it will, indeed, be interesting to see this case go to the supreme
court, if it comes to that.  You are right, that if they just add braille,
or some other tactile marking to the existing paper money, that won't be
robust enough to last very long. I know that currency these days has a lot
of sophisticated anti-counterfeiting measures, such as watermarks, very tiny
printing in many colors, and a special thread that is somehow embedded in
the paper, and that you can't see unless you hold it up to a light source. I
am wondering if that thread could be modified to add some form of electronic
tagging that could be read through some low tech means. But I think it would
be best if the user did not need to own and carry another dedicated device
for reading bills.

--
steven landau
touch graphics, inc.