[accessibleimage] producing tactile graphics

Hi folks,

I thought you might have some input on this issue. I am a VI teacher in
Asheville, North Carolina and I have a Braille student who is in the 3rd
grade. We are starting to think about purchasing an embosser that can
produce good math graphics. In the past I have done a lot of home-made
graphics because her school doesn't use a textbook. For end of grade
testing and benchmark assessments we have Braille materials
professionally made. I think in the future grades her class will be
using a textbook and hopefully we will be able to get it in Braille for
her. My question is this? Do we need to get the technology to produce
tactile graphics for her and what should we get?

Nita Smith

Teacher for the Visually Impaired

Asheville City Schools