[accessibleimage] Re: pictures of hummingbird mother Lola and baby Fan-Fan

Hi Francisco, Syvie and all,
I loved the pictures of the hummingbird. So lucky they were to have them
visiting.

I have a pet theory that graphic designers and those that work with images
have an extra responsibility to making people aware about image
accessibility.  The main part of their work is to make images
understandable for the sighted, that is,   not making confusing visual
graphics and getting messages across clearly through pictures or through
pictures and words.   This is pretty much the same thinking one has when
making accessible images.   Not confuse and get messages clearly through

In Silvie's example the educator hadn't made the presentation accessible
to anyone. Am guessing but  if he had gotten any feedback from his
audience it would have to do with his slide presentation. The sighted
audience would react to a poor graphic presentation. It has become
expected that visual graphics are done wonderfully, though it is not
necessarily easy to do.It is something most people have to work on. Making
pictures etc understandable for the sighted also requires thought and
expertise.

If you take an analogy from the health world, before   the knowledge about
our health was confined to a few. Now a days the average  Joe knows a
whole lot more about health matters. Information spread out.  Graphic
artists should be rather like Doctors  who spread the word about good
health practices. Graphic artists should spread the word about good
graphic practices.  Since graphic artists are a main player in the
communication industries they should take the lead in increasing the
understanding of the general public as to accessible information.

Humm, humm

Lisa

Lisa Yayla
Huseby Kompetansesenter