[accessibleimage] non-Braille stats charts

  • From: "Jimmie Flanagin" <jimmie.flanagin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accessibleimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 06:20:25 -0700

Does anyone know where I might find non-Braille statistics charts (z, t,
Poisson, etc.)? Do they exist?

A student at our university is taking statistics but does not read Braille.
Production of tactile charts with standard numbers will take too long - we
need the charts next week.

An alternative that might work would be accessible Excel that could be read
by JAWS with row and column position formatted into the cells.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jimmie Flanagin MA, ATP

The improvement of understanding is for two ends:

first, our own increase of knowledge; secondly, to enable us to deliver that
knowledge to others.
(John Locke)

Increasing understanding remains a challenge.

(Navarro, 2008)