[accessibleimage] Re: Seeking artwork...

Dear Donna,

I am working on a presentation recently about visually impaired artists
and in the course of that have been getting in touch with the artists  to
find out if I could use their works in my presentation. So far I have just
written to a couple of artists from a much longer list.  I thought to send
you their names. Both produce breath taking work. Traci Parks is a
photographer and  Robert Koval is a painter.

http://www.miracleimages.com
http://www.robertkoval.com/

I also had an idea, you probably have already considered this, but here
goes. Have you considered a slide show (one that runs by itself ) or power
point? I thought that this might be one way to show such works. There
wouldn't be any shipping costs and as you say it is a wonderful arena for
the artists to show their work. It would also perhaps be easier for both
you and them. This method of display perhaps works best for 2-D works of
art. Here you would find many. If you need more names I can suggest more.

There has also recently been held an exhibition in Los Angeles in 2004
entitled The View from Here. That is perhaps closer to you.

http://www.zoot.net/theviewfromhere/
Lydia Takeshita  Executive Director  LA Artcore  120 Judge John Aiso
Street  Los Angeles, CA 90012  (213) 617-3274 Voice (213) 617-0303 Fax
artcore@xxxxxxxxxxx
Christine Leahey  Guest Curator  c/o LA Artcore 120 Judge John Aiso Street
 Los Angeles, CA 90012  (213) 617-3274 Voice  (213) 617-0303 Fax  (714)
679-8340 Cell  cleahey1@xxxxxxxxx
If you wish I can forward your request to the Art Education for the Blind
organization email lists. Or contact them directly
Coordinator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.artbeyondsight.org/sidebar/contact.shtml
A wonderful organization. Their site is filled with resources.

Good luck,
Lisa Yayla
AccessibleImage list administrator

accessibleimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx skriver:
>Hello Listers:
>
>I've been reading the list for a few months now, and what a wealth of
>information you guys have shared back and fourth.  This is great.
>
>I am Chair of our City of Pasadena's Accessibility & Disability
>Commission and do other things within the city on a volunteer basis
>here in California.
>
>I'm working on a steering committee for a community conversation
>conference we are putting on in August.
>
>I would like to know if there are any artists...that may be willing
>to allow us to display their work at our conference.  I think it
>would be a wonderful opportunity for artists with disabilities to
>show their artwork...
>
>The catch is that we really don't have budget so we can't afford to
>pay, or ship.  This is truly the down side, but again, we are
>expecting around 200 people, and city officials...and hopefully a
>Senator, Assembly person or two...and it would be great advertising
>for up and coming artists with disabilities.
>
>For more details, please contact me via email or cell number...
>
>We are in the beginnings of how this is to work out, and the steering
>committee would need to preview the work before it is accepted.
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Donna Pomerantz
>

>Home email  dmpomerantz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Cell number  626-233-2991