[accessibleimage] Re: Please support web access to visual verification systems

...and when you consider that image verification is hackable, it's not really that good of a solution anyway...

--
Jonnie Apple Seed
With his:

On Jan 15, 2006, at 9:13 AM, Kaizen Program wrote:

Thank you, Chris, for this additional information.

I strongly support all moves toward full web access for everyone. And, I
encountered this problem last night with Yahoo. So, I am very glad that this
issue is being addressed. However, I cannot sign the petition until it is
altered to indicate the
audio alternative should not be offered as the sole work around. As a person
who is currently totally blind and has a slight hearing impairment, enough
to make it difficult to distinguish consonants in distorted broadcasts,
phone conversations or audio recordings, the audio alternative
suggested would not really be an accessible alternative for me. And, even if
I did not
have a hearing impairment, I think it is important for us to never support
accessibility
solutions that leave out some realistic access for deaf-blind people.

Sylvie