[accessibleimage] Ngram Viewer - Google search tool

Hello,

Google has a very interesting tool which I think a lot of you might like and
find useful.
It is called Google Books Ngram Viewer and the result can be  a cornucopia of
literature. With
Ngram you enter a phrase or two and Google does the search with a resulting
graph of the
occurrence of the phrase(s) from say 1800 to 2000. Once you have the result you
can click
on a time period and Google shows the books, articles that it came up with.

The first thing I did when I read about Ngram was to enter the term "tactile
graphics" for the period 1800 to 2000. The result
was interesting - the curve started at 1980 slowing sloping upwards to 1990
where it shoots up like a church spire.

Next I entered the phrase blind painter for the same period - really neat!  The
results will probably need some sifting
through so if not the mother-load a rich source.

Google Ngram Viewer

http://ngrams.googlelabs.com/

Regards,

Lisa