[accessibleimage] Re: New printer capable of producing tactile images: Samples to be shown at NFB convention in Dallas

Hi Robert,

I have to say that this is a great printer, but at around $60,000,
it's a shade out of reach of the average braille and/or tactile
producer.

That said, it's great for things like a Table of the Elements, maps
and all kinds of tactile matter which will be kept in the longer term.

Roland have also built in software to the unit whereby it makes it
possible to calculate a very precise cost of production.  This is
fairly important if producing tactile material which uses large
amounts of ultra-violet dried in to make up the image.

It's a great machine, and I just wish we could afford one ourselves.

George.