[accessibleimage] Re: Fwd: Re: Re: link echolocation Ben Underwood

right! so how does a human "use" or access echolocation without some kind of man-made device - does anyone on the list know?
i thought it was just bats, dolphins and whales that have this innate ability!
this is still a mystery to me and yes susan, it sounds very dangerous.
thanks,

mel poluck
e-access bulletin, uk

At 20:06 10/10/2006, you wrote:

As I understand Ben's story from another article in the popular press, he does not use any devices at all.  It does seem a bit dangerous when you think about him navigating streets w/o anything.  The pictures which accompanied the other article I read showed him sitting in his mother's lap, which at his age, makes me wonder how independent he really is.  Perhaps that's just my cynical side showing.

Susan Mooney