[accessibleimage] Re: Fwd: RE: Want to draw a state diagram!

        Hi Joe.          This is a pretty difficult problem that has only
very incomplete solutions to my knowledge.  In principle, you can use Visio
to create such diagrams.  I have never used Visio myself but am told that
you can create the logical structure and have the application then create
the actual drawing for you.  I had some conversations with a very nice Visio
person a few years ago but cannot find her name or contact info.  If this is
an interesting posibility to you, e-mail me, and I'll ping somebody who can
find it for you.  Maybe somebody else on this list is aware of other blind
people who have tried to use Visio or who have enough experience with that
application to know what's possible.  Once you have the Visio diagram, you
can import into IVEO or set Visio fonts to Tiger and get really accessible
diagrams, but my guess is that the learning curve will be pretty steep.

GWMicro just posted a note about a new addition to their  knowledge base
about drawing with Window-Eyes and PowerPoint. I have only just skimmed this
article, but it sounds interesting.  Jaws has PowerPoint access too, so the
method will probably work with both.  Might have a look.
http://www.gwmicro.com/Support/Knowledge_Base/?kbnumber=GWKB1053#mainHeading
Title

John