[accessibleimage] Exibition Texas, UK artist

Holiday show displays work by artists with disabilities

Very Special Arts of Texas is in the middle of their third annual arts show.
The latest show began in November and will continue until January 6th

All of the art presented in the show is handmade by 23 Texas artists selected
to show off their words. Each purchase made from the show will support artists
with disabilities who are earning their living from the arts.

On artist, Karen Thomas lost all usable vision at age 15. Now, at age 42, she
is getting ready for her first ever art show being put on by VSA
Texas<http://www.vsatx.org/>.

http://www.examiner.com/disability-in-dallas/holiday-show-displays-work-by-artists-with-disabilities

A Blind Artist – Matthew
Rhodes<http://www.pondly.com/2011/12/a-blind-artist-matthew-rhodes/>

In 1995, whilst serving in the British Army after completing a summer tour of
Bosnia, I suffered from a serious accident. From this accident I received two
blood clots to the center of my brain and from these blood clots I was in a
coma for roughly ten weeks, and from this received a number of disabilities;
classed as totally blind, but I can see a little, paralyzed down my right hand
side, short term memory loss

http://www.pondly.com/2011/12/a-blind-artist-matthew-rhodes/

website Mathew Rhodes

from website

... Now all I can see is the left hand half of a penny, nothing else. Lastly I
am also paralysed down the right hand side of my body, from my eyes, to my
toes! Because of my blindness I am part of a charity called "St Dunstan's" and
this charity is for those who have served their country and are now blind. But,
even though my eyesight is that badly damaged and my sight so small, I have
found that I can paint, and paint very well!

http://www.matthewrhodes.org/

-Scanned by Exchange Hosted Services-