[accessibleimage] Ding, Ding, Ding mail from Elisabeth Axel AEB

Today
NYSE's closing bell on New York Stock Exchange will be rung by Art Education for the Blind
to celebrate Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month 2005.
Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month

on the New York Stock Exchange

108 institutions worldwide participate in Awareness Month 2005

Today, Friday, October 6, 2005 Art Education for the Blind (AEB) will ring the closing bell on the New York Stock Exchange to celebrate Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month 2005.
Among our NYC Art Beyond Sight Partners represented at this event are the Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Lower East Side Tenement Museum, The Jewish Museum,
Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities and Sequa Corporation.

About Awareness Month: Art Beyond Sight Awareness Month: a time when museums, schools, service agencies for the blind, and sighted and blind art lovers around the world unite to bring attention to the need for and benefits of making art education, art-making activities and visual culture accessible to children and adults who are visually impaired. It is a time we celebrate the contributions of blind and visually impaired artists, and learn from them about multi-modal approaches to learning for all. When AEB established Art Beyond Sight Awareness Week/Month in 2003, it lasted one week and had about 35 participants. Last year, AEB extended it to two weeks, and had 71 organizations working together toward our common goal. Now, at the urging of many of last year’s participants, we’ve made it a month and are delighted to have passed our goal of 100 participants. For more on AEB, Awareness Month and our partners go to www.artbeyondsight.org.

http://www.nyse.com/Frameset.html?displayPage=/events/1128595178998.html