Subject: [accessibleimage] Re: Blind children drawing people
From: "cpond" <cpond@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, February 01, 2012 8:51 am
To: <accessibleimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I’m afraid we’re separated by something less-than concept, but harder to bridge in a logistical way.  I’m in Ottawa Ontario, Canada.

Charles

Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:25 AM

Amanda and Charles, I was first inspired to teach by Dr. John Kennedy's work, Drawing and the Blind in particular. I have developed the classes but I have not put them to paper. Maybe you could contact me directly and tell me where you are located. I travel a lot and maybe you do too. (I am in the Denver area) I would be more than happy to get together with one or both of you and try some of this stuff out. Game? Ann

Ann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keep In Touch!
www.SensationalBooks.com
P.O. Box 261085
Lakewood, CO 80226
(303) 238-4760

From: "cpond" <cpond@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, January 29, 2012 8:14 pm
To: <accessibleimage@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Many blind children (and also adults) cannot conceive drawing a three-dimensional object in a two-dimensional medium.  Whether it is a neurological, a developmental or comceptual block, this is so for many.  Three-dimensional visualizing, and more critically here the sense of sight being able to “see” in three dimensions must be learned within a narrow windows at an early time in the child’s life.  Else it doesn’t seem to take.

Charles