[accesscomp] controlling wireless settings with Windows

  • From: "Sherri" <flmom2006@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 04:38:30 -0400

Somehow on my desktop, the settings have been changed. I want to make sure
that my Wireless Internet settings are being controlled by Windows and not
the Wireless card or program. I am using a Linksis router and running
Windows XP pro. I'm using Jaws 10 if that matters.

My problem is the Internet keeps logging on and off. Someone said the
computer might be arguing over who is controlling its wireless settings. How
can I make sure that Windows is controlling my settings? Thank you.

Sherri

Sherri Brun, NFBF Secretary and Newsline® Coordinator
Vice-president NFB Greater Orlando Chapter
Secretary FDCP INC
E-mail: flmom2006@xxxxxxxxx
www.nfbnewsline.org
http://www.nfbflorida.org
http://nfbfgoc.org

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John
Lennon