[accesscomp] Re: Fw: [bardtalk] Judge Rejects Google's Deal to Digitize Books

  • From: "Sherri" <flmom2006@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <accesscomp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 18:28:52 -0400

This is definitely not a good thing.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bob Acosta
  To: tektalk discussion
  Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:37 PM
  Subject: [accesscomp] Fw: [bardtalk] Judge Rejects Google's Deal to
Digitize Books

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: JAY M S
  To: bardtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 1:44 PM
  Subject: [bardtalk] Judge Rejects Google's Deal to Digitize Books

  HI all,

  My name is Jay, I haven't posted here in quite a while...I did want to
post the following:

  Apparently a Judge Rejects Google's Deal to Digitize Books, which is bad
for all of us. At least the Victor Reader if not the others are able to play
Google's format, which would have opened up tens of millions of books to
us...

  I doubt this is the last of it. Google I am sure will try to make another
settlement...in part b/c they ALREADY scanned the books, in effect did the
work....

  Take care all,

  Jay

  __._,_.___
  Messages in this topic (1)
  Recent Activity: a.. New Members 9
  Visit Your Group
  Visit: http://www.bardtalk.com to find quick answers to frequently asked
  questions.

  Follow other useful links concerning digital audio players such as the
  Victor Reader Stream and GWMicro BookSense, or find helpful links to other
  support lists.
   Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest . Unsubscribe . Terms of Use.