[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Wednesday, March 23

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 09:44:38 -0700

    BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Wednesday, March 23

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. 6dot Now Taking Preorders for 6dot Braille Labeler
  b.. 2. Mozilla Posts Official Call for Accessibility Developer for Android
Browser
  c.. 3. Today's ClassifiedsIntel Reader with Capture Station for $1000

  d.. 4. Most Popular Recent DealsBlind Individuals With Recurrent Sleep
Problems Needed for Research Study.
  Individuals who are totally blind with recurrent sleep or napping problems
are needed for a survey and/or clinical study. For each completed survey, a
donation of $25 will be made to organizations that support people with
blindness. Participants in a clinical study will be compensated for their time
and effort and will receive study medication, study-related medical evaluation
and transportation at no cost. Sleep problems and napping occur in some
individuals who are totally blind. This can be caused by the lack of light
needed to reset the "body clock". The result is recurrent sleep problems
similar to jet lag.
  Individuals may qualify for the survey or the clinical study if they:
  . are between 18 and 75 years of age
  . are totally blind
  . have recurrent trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness
or napping

  If you are interested Call toll free 1-888-389-7033 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
M-F ET or email info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  1. 6dot Now Taking Preorders for 6dot Braille Labeler
  6dot Innovations is now taking preorders for the 6dot Braille Labeler, the
portable labeling machine which uses a standard braille keyboard and Dymo
labeling tape. The cost is expected to be around $300, and a $50 deposit is
required to hold your spot. The deposit is completely refundable if you opt not
to purchase the labeler when it is released. The company needs 500 preorder
commitments to go ahead with making the first batch of labelers and is offering
a 10 percent discount to those who preorder. We posted a quick quick
demonstration of the 6dot as part of our CSUN 2011 coverage. To learn more or
to place a preorder, check the link on this post.

  2. Mozilla Posts Official Call for Accessibility Developer for Android Browser
  We heard some initial comments about Mozilla's desire to make their Android
browser experience accessible, and now we've seen an official solicitation for
interested developers to apply. If you're looking for a job in the programming
and accessibility fields, this may be the right one for you. According to the
post bby David Bolter, "Pretty soon we'll work to provide an enjoyable
eyes-free experience with Mobile Firefox on Android. We'll need to refactor our
accessibility engine for out of process content. We'll need to help design and
drive the next web and desktop accessibility APIs. We'll help define speech on
the web. We'll do this because it helps people with disabilities participate in
the open web and because we love it." Follow thelink to get more information or
to learn how to apply. Via Mindforks

  3. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  Intel Reader with Capture Station for $1000

  Owned less than a month, bought brand new and comes with all the cables and
manuals.
  Contact: Twitter: @daniellefoulds Work E-mail: danielle.foulds@xxxxxxxxxx
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  4. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  #csun11 Audio: A Preview of the 6dot Braille Labeler
  #csun11 Audio: A Graphite Cane Advantage
  #csun11 Audio: Dolphin Swimming with Updates
  #csun11 Audio: A First Glimpse at the Orion
  #csun11 Audio: A Tactile, Braille Mouse

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.