[accesscomp] Fw: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, March 1

  • From: "Bob Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tektalk discussion" <tektalkdiscussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 10:04:37 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: Blind Bargains Daily Deals
To: Daily Deals
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2011 6:35 AM
Subject: BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, March 1

BlindBargains.com Daily Deals for Tuesday, March 1

It's time to recap the latest deals and news posted to Blind Bargains. Feel
free to forward this message to your friends.

Got a suggestion, comment, or bargain request? Email bargains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In this issue:

  a.. 1. RFB&D Releases RFB&D Audio iOS App
  b.. 2. Today's ClassifiedsVersapoint Duo for sale
  LG enV2 cell phone for Verizon,fold-out keyboard, talking menus/texts,
USB/wall chargers $70
  Extended! Special price on 8-GB Talking Sansa Clip Plus or Talking Sansa Fuze!

  c.. 3. Most Popular Recent DealsClinical Research Study Recruitment
  Blind individuals with no light perception needed.
  A local doctor is conducting research to evaluate a new investigational
treatment for insomnia and daytime sleepiness in individuals who are totally
blind.
  Individuals may qualify who:
  * are between 18 and 75 years of age
  * are blind with no light perception
  * have trouble sleeping at night or experience daytime sleepiness
  Participants will be compensated for their time and effort and will receive
study medication and study-related medical evaluation at no cost.
  For more information Call 1-888-389-7033
  M-F 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET or visit their website
  1. RFB&D Releases RFB&D Audio iOS App
  Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic has released their RFB&D Audio ap for the
iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This app allows one to listen to RF&D audio books
on their iOS device. The ap features bookmarking capabilities, chapter and page
navigation, variable speed control, and more. The app costs $19.99, and can be
purchased now from the iTunes store. Note that an RFB&D membership is required
to activate and use the app.

  2. Today's Classifieds
  Here are the latest classifieds posted to Blind Bargains. You can submit your
own ad to thousands of potential users for only $5.

  Versapoint Duo for sale

  I have a Versapoint Duo for sale that's about 10 years old and has had light
use. It's working fine. It's a parallel embosser, you could use a parallel to
USB converter if you no longer have a parallel port. I will also send along the
original braille manual that came with the embosser. I am asking $600 plus
shipping and am willing to negotiate a little.
  Contact: caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  LG enV2 cell phone for Verizon,fold-out keyboard, talking menus/texts,
USB/wall chargers $70

  This cell phone is currently locked to Verizon's network. It includes a full
qwerty keyboard that folds out from the phone, as well as a normal phone keypad
on the front. The phone also comes with built-in voice prompts for most of the
menus, a text-to-speech voice for reading contact names and text messages, and
the ability to read missed calls, caller ID info and alerts. Since parts of the
phone are inaccessible, I allow any buyer to contact me and ask questions about
it. I am including a separate wall charger. I also own a retractable USB data
cable that was purchased for $20 only two weeks before this add was posted. you
can have it for an additional cost of $5.
  Contact: twitter: simon818 skype and AIM: simon4599 MSN: simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Extended! Special price on 8-GB Talking Sansa Clip Plus or Talking Sansa Fuze!

  This time around, we have a special price on both the 8-GB Sansa Fuze and the
8-GB Sansa Clip Plus Talking MP3 Players: $89.99! Regularly priced at $95.99.
Hurry! Sale ends on March 3rd. To place your order, just visit:
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/specials.html Free Shipping in the US and
discounted International Shipping (details below)! The Sansa Fuze is about the
size of a credit card and about as thick as 3 or 4 credit cards put together.
It fits nicely in your pocket or in a protective case. This was my favorite
player up until the Sansa Clip Plus replaced it as my favorite! The Sansa Clip
Plus is tiny, very light, and it clips to your clothes with its built-in clip,
no need for a case!  You can wear it on your clothes while you exercise or do
work around the house, etc.  It's so light, you  might forget you're wearing
it! It measures only 2.16" Height x 1.36" Width x 0.60" Depth and weighs just
0.85 oz! This is now officialy my favorite player! These talking Rockboxed
Sansa MP3 Players are two of the most affordable and feature-packed talking MP3
players available on the market today! You can enjoy listening to your favorite
music, audiobooks, audio-described films in MP3 or OGG, or the FM radio. You
can expand the memory using micro SDHC cards, and you can even record voice
notes from the built-in microphone or straight from the radio! And, there's no
need to use any hard-to-use music management programs, you just copy and paste
your audio folders and files into your own folders on the player! What could be
simpler than that? They're absolutely fantastic! If you thought a screenless
MP3 player was accessible, wait until you start using one of our Talking MP3
Players! Forget about having to pay hundreds of dollars for a talking MP3
player.  Forget about having to use some less-than-blind friendly music
management program just to use your MP3 player,  And, don't even think about
having to fork out money for specialized scripts just to make that music
management program somewhat accessible. On these talking MP3 players, you can
create your own folders, copy and paste folders and files into them, and set up
your music library any way you want.  It's completely under your control. When
you purchase these players from us, they'll arrive completely set up for use
and speaking the menus, sub-menus, folders, and files, *you can enable the
speaking of your own folders and files with the use of the included utility*,
All system information is spoken, i.e. battery level, time and date, how much
space is left on your player and microSD card, etc. These MP3 players play MP3,
WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC, MP4, M4A, AIFF, plus many more other file types,
*excluding encrypted/protected files*.  The built-in FM Radio is fully
accessible and has a capacity of 64 presets.  You can record from the FM radio
or record voice notes through the built-in mono microphone.  They have great
bookmarking capabilities, able to maintain your 10 most recent bookmarks.
Plus, you can expand your player's memory by using microSD or microSDHC memory
cards, of which we carry the 4, 8, and 16-GB cards on our site. You'll have a
wide array of options to customize the sound of your player, including such
basic items as bass, treble, and balance controls!  Now, that’s something
you don’t see in many MP3 players! For the next week, the special price is
just $89.99 for Your choice of the 8-GB Sansa Clip Plus or the 8-GB Sansa Fuze
Talking MP3 Player! Hurry! Sale ends on March 3rd! To place your order, just
visit: http://www.talkingmp3players.com/specials.html Be sure to use the combo
boxes when you place your order and choose the accessories you want, or visit
the accessories page to see what accessories we have, microSDHC cards, Fold Out
Speaker Stand, Travel charger, and more!!
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/accessories.html When you purchase one of our
players, you get: Your chosen talking Sansa MP3 player (refurbished)
USB/charging cable Earphones Quick-Start Guide in text and Rockbox Manual in
PDF format right on the player 2 separate utilities included for enabling your
own folders and files to be spoken. Free customer/tech support via email,
Skype, or phone 90-day replacement warranty All prices are in US dollars.
Shipping & handling is free in the US, and discounted on international orders.
To avoid any delays when placing orders with a destination outside the US,
please be sure to select the appropriate international shipping method from the
combo box on the checkout page. (Instructions for larger orders are included on
our shopping cart page.) http://www.talkingmp3players.com/shopping-cart.html We
accept all major credit cards, PayPal, and Google Checkout through our online
checkout, or call us to place your order at: 727-498-0121 or Skype me at:
lazmesa If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
  Contact: Email: accessibleelectronics@xxxxxxxxx Phone: 727 498-0121 Skype
name: lazmesa Facebook: facebook.com/laz.mesa
  These ads were submitted by users and Blind Bargains is not responsible for
their content.
  3. Most Popular Recent Deals
  Here are the top five posts to Blind Bargains as of the time of this
newsletter.

  RFB&D Releases RFB&D Audio iOS App
  Audio: The Haptica Braille Watch
  Nuance Releases Talks 5.20 for Symbian Phones
  Western Digital Elements 2TB USB 2.0 Desktop External Hard Drive for $85.99
Shipped
  #ATIA11 Audio: Wrap-Up with J.J. Meddaugh and Matt McCubbin

  If you received this message from someone else and want to subscribe
yourself, visit This link to sign up.

  We respect your privacy. To unsubscribe, use the link below. or Email
dailydeals-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Send by A T Guys, LLC, 514 Wheaton
Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008.