[accesscomp] Dan's Tip for today

  • From: "Robert Acosta" <boacosta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aw-announcements@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:05:19 -0700

Fact of the day

Maine is the only state to border only one state.

Beanie babies were such a craze in the 1990s that even struggling MLB teams
used them to sell out home games .

 <http://usefulscience.org/> Useful Science
I enjoy sites that give brief, accurate information on various topics, and
ones that provide links to the source of the data are my favorites. This is
one of those sites. From the site: "Science is useful in daily life, and
we're making it easy to find. From improving ADHD symptoms to exercising
better and even optimizing noise levels for creativity, we'll tell you about
it in 5 seconds or less." The colorful tabs at the top make finding a
category to browse very easy.

Here is the direct link:

http://usefulscience.org/

Below are

Here are a few articles to wet your appetite for such information.

* Livestock who were fed genetically modified organisms (also known as GMOs)
showed no evidence of negative effects over 19 years of follow up.

https://www.animalsciencepublications.org/publications/jas/articles/92/10/42
55

* Eating tree nuts may slightly decrease fats and sugars circulating in the
blood.

http://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/4/7/e004660.full

Chewing and spitting sugar-free gum can trap and remove bacteria from the
mouth.

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0117191

He sees the perils that are in our path that we cannot see. He speaks to us
in mercy and grace and He builds us up to meet the dangers and be prepared
to receive the things we could not wisely use today. There are many things
which we can employ tomorrow that we cannot wisely use today.

-A.A. Conrad

To subscribe to Dan's tips or HotSpot with God Daily Devotional, send a
blank message to dthompson5@xxxxxxxxx and include "subscribe Dan's Tips" or
Subscribe HotSpot with God" in the subject line.

Robert Acosta, President

Helping Hands for the Blind

(818) 998-0044

www.helpinghands4theblind.org