[access-uk] Re: xp upgrade question

  • From: "John Farley" <john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:47:25 +0100

Hello Keith,

All you need to do when installing from an upgrade is to "prove" to it that
you are an upgrade user .

If you are installing to a blank hard disk then you are asked to place the
earlier, qualifying disk, into the drive. Once this is done the install will
continue. So, if you have an install disk for, say, Windows 98, then place
it into the disk drive and all will go well, you then replace the XP disk.

I cannot remember if you need to do this if installing over a running system
or if the running system is sufficient.

By the way, it is extremely difficult, if not impossible, to install XP with
a screen reader only, I think you will need sighted assistance.

Regards, John

Contact on : (Home)
john_farley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        or : (work)