[access-uk] xp network problem

  • From: "Keith Barrett" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 22:28:00 -0000

Thanks George and Andrew for your comments.

Still not working.  I have been to the intel site and got all I could for the
board and chip set.

I have gone through the install process for all the drivers.  I am told that
the install has completed successfully.

However, I can find no trace of the intel network card in device manager.

I do have an intel directory in c:\program files.

If I attempt to connect to the vigor by using the ip address I get a "cannot
find server" e.t.c.

I seem to have a connection set up which happened the first time I
opened internet explorer but I cannot delete that connection as I am told
it is active.

If I select the repair option, I am told that windows could not proceede as
it could not varify the ip information.

Not sure what to do now as it seems that the intel drivers are not being
installed and, therefore, I suppose the network card is not being seen.

Using the windows 2000 hd, I can see the intel drivers in device
manager.

Where now?

Keith

- -