From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Keith Barrett
Sent: 02 January 2005 22:43
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: xp network problem

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for that.

I thought that 1930 connection may have been something to do
with it.

I have no other network devices listed in device manager.

I have been getting the drivers from the intel web site.
The network card is an onboard one so I got all the software
for the mobo which is a d875pbz.

Do you think it could be that this board is not xp
compatible?

On 2 Jan 2005 at 22:12, Andrew Hodgson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Start | run | cmd to get command prompt up.  Doing
ipconfig won't do
> anything from run prompt because the command window will
open, the
> program will run, display the info, then exit cleanly,
causing the
> window to close only momentairly afterwards.
>
> The 1394 connection (I assume your message meant this)
would also
show
> up as a network device, it is a small port which sort of
resembles a
USB
> port but will have a edge to it (sorry for explaining this
poorly).
> It is for connecting cameras etc, and gives high data
transfer rates.
> You may not have a connector, as there may not be a port
on the case,
> so
the
> pinouts on the motherboard would be there, they just
wouldn't go to
> anything.  On this machine which also has both ports, I
have two items
> in the network applet, that of the LAN (Realtek Gigabit
NIC) and a Via
> 1394 controler.
>
> As for the drivers, where exactly are you getting these
from?

> Also, just checking you are looking in the right place,
are you
> getting to device manager by going into control panel |
system |