[access-uk] wireless again

  • From: "yusuf" <yusufaosman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:18:07 +0100

Hi, I've just received my new laptop with inbuilt wireless connectivity. I want to connect my laptop to my ADSL modem wirelessly. I've found the software but when I try to activate it to get it to search for the network and input the SSID and other settings a message pops up that WE doesn't read. At least I'm assuming a message pops up because windows makes that noise that suggests theres a problem. I think I'm being told that the WLAN software can't access the hardware because windows XP has control of it. How can I get windows to search for the network and how can I input the SSID and other details? Alternatively how can I give control of the hardware to the WLAN software rather than windows?
Cheers
Yusuf