[access-uk] Re: windows v mac

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 20:12:39 +0000

Hi
Nice to hear from a fellow member of The Scott clan, My Grand dad was an Alex Scott who fought in the Royal Scot's Fusiliers during the first world war, I have only been converted to apple since November when I got the leopard operating system on a mac book so I am only speaking from a novice's point of view. However, I have not had any problems with the built in applications and I understand that equivalents exist for Word and XL if you feel the need for them.

But why not just walk in to an apple store and have a play with a demonstration machine?

Cheers
(We'll meet again by moonlight - Scott Clan motto)
On 10 Dec 2007, at 19:42, <alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Gordon

I've changed the subject heading slightly as I'm not asking anything about malwear, but rather I may be interested in looking at the mac platform as my local pub could be installing one next year. There have been discussions on the various pros and cons of the main screenreaders for Windows, budget to the higher priced variety, but have you found that word processors, email
and anything else works on a Mac without any additional screenreading
technology on board? How about the handling of graphics for example, purely
out of interest.

Alex
skype name: grytpype2006
windows live messenger name: alex.thynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx