[access-uk] Re: windows update automatically.

  • From: "Barry" <bbinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:34:43 +0100

You're not being over-dramatic.  I recently hooked up to broadband but,
luckily, I had a firewall and virus checker installed first.  Within five
seconds there was five attacks on my machine.  Before I had the critical
Windows downloads done, there were over 80 attacks that were stopped by the
firewall.  It's like walking the streets of Kingston, Jamaica at night.  If you
have to do it, make sure you have at least two very tough friends with you who
know what they are doing.
Barry H