[access-uk] Re: when is the new Braille coming out as I have had some information

  • From: "Mandy" <mandy.MJC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 23:33:04 +0100

Derek I don't think it is lazy not to read Braille, I am a proficient Braille reader but they take up so much room and if you read frequently and fast you can't necessarily find the space plus, as Steve says you can carry more books around for a lengthy period like a long holiday. Also apart from reading in the bath (although I used to do this with Braille resting the book on the side of the bath and trying not to get any pages wet) but I can read whilst cooking, ironing etc. The only thing I miss is seeing words written down and knowing how names, places etc are spelt but a good reader can really bring a book to life.

Mandy.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Derek Hornby" <derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>